Whole-System Education provides the foundation blocks on which PACE Setter quality improvements can be built and, ultimately, shared.
Learning together as a team, and alongside parents and other key stakeholders, equips an organisation to develop new skills and implement new systems multi-dimensionally. Innovative educational programmes recognise and meet the needs of those with a variety of learning preferences.
Some of the best educating and equipping initiatives from award winners included…
- Embed informative parent-friendly videos as high visibility link on Practice website and waiting room screens
- Head Injury Pathway training;
- Visiting primary schools to talk to children about common minor illnesses
- Non clinical staff training on CYP issues to ensure all staff on message
- Receptionist Training on Red-Amber-Green (RAG) Triage Systems
- Awareness raising of all staff on patient feedback
- Staff undergoing E-Learning on Fever, Diarrhoea & Vomiting and Bronchiolitis
Read more about each of the elements
Supporting parents using educational NHS film
“Looking after a child with fever – A guide for parents and carers.”
Cranleigh Medical Practice in Surrey uploaded a parent-friendly film of fever, with subtitles, in their surgery waiting room. They show useful sources of information to aid decision-making. Parental advice sheets are also available for use by all clinicians during consultation. The film clip and advice sheets are available for download here.